Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
2 cups flour
1 ½ cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoon cinnamon
¾ cup oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini
1 ½ cups chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Prepare two medium loaf pans with parchment paper, or butter and flour.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add the oil, vanilla and zucchini and mix together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Add walnuts and mix until just combined.
- Divide evenly into two medium loaf pans and bake for 1 hour.
Farfalle with Watercress and Cherry Tomatoes
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 pound of farfalle (or your favorite pasta)
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 pints cherry tomatoes
6 cups watercress leaves
Salt & Pepper to taste
Red pepper flakes for garnish (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Place cheese in a large bowl, top with watercress. Before draining pasta, take ¼ cup of cooking water from pot and pour it over the watercress. This will cause the cheese to soften and the watercress to wilt slightly.
- Place tomatoes in a colander. Drain pasta over the tomatoes to quickly blanch them.
- Toss with watercress and cheese; sprinkle with salt & pepper. Serve.
Click here to download a PDF of this week's Recipes!