Cook Time: 25 minutes
14 ounces fresh baby spinach
⅔ cup crumbled feta cheese
1 tablespoon mixed dried herbs
½ cup flour (you can also use oat flour or breadcrumbs here)
¼ cup olive oil
10 ounces dry spaghetti
2 tablespoons unsalted butter or olive oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 medium zucchini, shredded
5 ounces tomatoes
- Add water and salt to a saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, add spinach to large saucepan with splash of water. Place over medium-low heat and cover with a lid. Cook until wilted, 3-5 minutes. Rinse under cold running water to stop cooking process. Squeeze spinach to remove as much excess liquid as possible. Coarsely chop, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the feta, dried herbs and a generous amount of black pepper, the egg, and flour. Stir in the chopped spinach, the scoop heaping tablespoons of the mixture and roll into balls. Recipe should yield about 20 balls. You can either place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper in a preheated oven at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or fry them over medium heat in 2 tablespoons of oil per batch, turning, until golden brown on both sides, 3-5 minutes.
- While cooking meatballs, add pasta to boiling water, cook according to package instructions. Drain.
- Return pasta to the pan off the heat, stir in butter, soy sauce and shredded zucchini. Toss with cherry tomatoes. Serve.
Chicken Parm Zucchini Boats
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
4 medium zucchini or 1 large zucchini quartered
1 lb. ground chicken
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 garlic cloves minced
1 cup pasta sauce
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Optional: sliced fresh basil for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and break it apart with a spoon. Add the salt and pepper. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Stir occasionally and break down the chicken into small chunks.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the garlic to the chicken. Cook 1 minute stirring often. Add the pasta sauce. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- As the chicken cooks, cut the zucchini in half, lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop the seeds and center out of each zucchini half, leaving ¼ inch thick zucchini boat.
- Place the zucchini in the baking dish cut-side up.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the zucchini boats. Press the mixture down into the zucchini using the back of the spoon.
- Sprinkle the zucchini evenly with the parmesan, then the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with foil. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil & serve.