2) Add ¼ cup of the water, cover and cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Add the other ¼ cup of water, cover and cook. Stir a few times, until the pepper is tender and little water remains, about 5 minutes.
3) Stir in the summer squash and 1 Tbl. of olive oil. Cover and cook over medium heat for about 4 minutes, until the squash is tender.
4) Remove from heat and stir in the basil. Season with salt and pepper.
Roasted Red Potatoes With Cilantro and Garlic
1½ lb. red potatoes
1 Tbl. chopped cilantro
1 tsp. fresh thyme, or ½ tsp. dried
2 cloves garlic, minced
2½ Tbl. olive oil
½ tsp. salt
Pinch of pepper
2) Scrub the potatoes well and peel them if you prefer. Cut the potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Toss them in a bowl with the minced garlic, chopped cilantro, olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme.
3) Arrange the potatoes in a single layer in the pan. Roast them for 20 to 25 minutes, until browned and tender. Turn them, after half of the time has passed.
Click here to download a PDF of this week's recipes!