Cook Time: 20 minutes
5 small-medium pattypan squash
2 C cooked brown rice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 C crimini mushrooms
2 C cooking greens (chard, kale, spinach, etc.)
½ C chopped red onion
2 cloves garlic
½ C shredded swiss, cheddar, or mozzarella cheese
½ C ricotta cheese
½ tsp sage
½ tsp thyme
- Boil pattypan squash whole for 15 minutes. Heat saute pan on medium and add oil, mushrooms, onions, garlic, and greens. Add thyme, sage, salt and pepper. Cook 5-7 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Add the vegetables to mixing bowl. Add the ricotta & rice. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Remove the squash. Cut off the end and stem so that they sit flat. Using a small knife, cut out a deep pocket. Repeat with the rest of the. Chop and add it to the mixing bowl.
- Stuff each squash with the vegetable/cheese mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove and top with cheese. Return to oven for 3 minutes until cheese has melted. Serve and enjoy!
Assembly Time: 2 minutes
1 pound ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
Small handful fresh mint leaves
Salt & pepper
6 oz. feta cheese, roughly crumbled into chunks