Cook Time: 40 minutes
1 ½ cups brown, white or wild rice
2 teaspoons salt, divided
3 delicata squash
3 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried chili powder
1/2 yellow onion
2 cloves garlic
½ bunch of kale, spinach, or other green of your choosing
3 tablespoons butter or oil
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
Black pepper to taste
¼ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds) optional
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Wash squash, cut each in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds with spoon. Rub both sides of each half with olive oil. Sprinkle each with pinch of salt and herb mixture (basil, oregano, chili powder). Place squash cut-side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil and bake for 25-30 minutes or until tender enough to pierce with a fork.
- Mince onion and garlic. Cut carrot into ¼ inch pieced. Remove stems from kale and chop into thin strips.
- Add 3 tablespoons of butter or oil to a hot pan on medium-high heat. Add carrot, onion, garlic and saute until carrot is soft, about 10 minutes. Add kale and saute for 2 more minutes. Add cooked rice, cheese, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat and add the mixture into the wells in the squash.
- Top with pepitas, serve warm.
Sheet Pan Potatoes with Serrano Peppers
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1 ½ pound red potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
½ bell pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 serrano pepper, sliced thin
½ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon cayenne
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Combine potatoes, bell pepper, onion, garlic, serrano pepper, paprika, cayenne, pepper, oil in large bowl. Stir.
- Spread potato mixture onto baking sheet. Place in the oven for 25 minutes, flipping halfway. Increase heat to 500 degrees and cook until crispy, approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with salt and cilantro.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Click here to download a PDF of this week's recipes!