Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
1 medium spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
¼ cup minced fresh parsley
2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
¾ cup shredded cheese of your choice
½ cup pine nuts (toasted)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Rub squash with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place the cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes, until fork tender. Let cool about 10 minutes, then scrape the inside with a fork to pull the strands away from the skin.
- Place strands in a colander, press them with a paper towel and let them rest.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 ½ tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 ½ minutes until fragrant. Stir in spaghetti squash, vinegar, herbs, and ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- Cook for about 2 minutes to heat through. Remove from heat and stir in cheese, then top with toasted pine nuts.
- To with salt & pepper to taste if desired. You can also add crushed red pepper to garnish!
Sweet Potato Black Bean Burrito Bowls
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
2 large sweet potatoes
2 bell peppers, cored and thinly sliced
1 small yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon chile powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon onion powder
3 ½ cups water
2 cups uncooked white rice
1 lime, juiced
¼ cup cilantro, minced
1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained rinsed
Crumbled cotija cheese (optional)
Minced cilantro to garnish
2 cups packed cilantro with stems
3 garlic cloves
⅓ cup olive oil
¼ cup water
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Salt, to taste
Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 435 F. Cube sweet potatoes into bite-sized chunks and add to a mixing bowl with sliced peppers, and onions. Drizzle with oil, chili powder, salt, garlic powder, cumin, smoked paprika, and onion powder. Toss to coat.
- Add vegetables to a lined baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender. Remove from the oven.
- While the potatoes are roasting add water to a medium sized pot and set over high heat. Once water boils, add in the rice, cover and reduce heat. Cook for about 20 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice fully cooked.
- Remove rice from the heat and stir in lime juice and cilantro, stir to combine, set aside.
- Assemble bowls. Add rice and top with beans, sweet potato, pepper, onion, garnish with cheese and drizzle with homemade cilantro vinaigrette.
- For dressing: add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.