Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1 ½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
Salt & black pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 pound Brussels sprouts sliced thin
1 sliced apple
½ sliced onion
1 chopped garlic clove
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 teaspoons brown sugar
⅓ cup chopped toasted pecans (optional)
- Season chicken thighs with fresh thyme, salt & pepper. Cook in canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through, 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add shredded Brussels sprouts, apple, red onion, and garlic clove to skillet. Cook, tossing, until brussels sprouts are wilted an onion has softened, 5-6 minutes. Stir in vinegar and brown sugar. Season with salt & pepper. Return chicken to pan and top with pecans (optional).
Sweet Potato & Carrot Fritters
Cook Time: 40 minutes
1 ½ pounds sweet potatoes, peeled & grated (5 cups grated)
3 large carrots, peeled & grated
½ cup grated yellow onion
6 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking powder
Salt to taste
2 eggs, beaten
6-9 tablespoons vegetable oil
Garnishes: chopped chives, yogurt/sour cream
- Combine grated sweet potatoes, carrots, and onion in a bowl. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Transfer to a large bowl and add flour, spices, baking powder, salt, and eggs, and gently fold together. Add more flour if needed. You want the batter to be a little dry. The drier the batter, the crispier the fritter.
- In a heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat, add ¼ inch of oil. Once oil is hot use a healing tablespoon to drop potato/carrot mixture into the hot pan.Cook in batches to avoid overcrowding. Use a spatula to flatten fritters into rounds. Once the edges are brown & crispy, flip. Cook the second side until golden.
- Transfer the fritters to a paper towel-lined plate, sprinkle with salt. Serve warm with garnish of your choosing.