2) Prepare a bowl of ice-cold water. As soon as the beans are tender, transfer to the ice water. Drain, and set them aside.
3) In a skillet or pan, warm olive oil and garlic on low heat until the garlic is soft, about 5 minutes, but do not let the garlic get brown.
4) Toss beans into the garlic and oil, and cook for 2 minutes. Add a pinch of salt. Transfer to a serving plate. Pour any extra garlic oil over the beans. Sprinkle with the lemon zest and thyme. Serve warm or cold.
Stuffed Roasted Peppers
4 bell peppers
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 cup packed fresh basil leaves, or ½ cup dried
1 medium onion
3 garlic cloves
3 Tbl. olive oil
Salt and pepper
1) Preheat oven to 425°F and lightly oil a large, shallow baking pan.
2) Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds and ribs. Arrange peppers, cut sides up, in baking pan and lightly oil the cut edges and stems. Cut tomatoes in half. Chop onion and basil. Finely chop the garlic.
3) Toss all ingredients in a bowl, except for the cut bell pepper, and add salt and pepper to taste. Divide mixture among peppers and roast in upper third of the oven until peppers are tender, about 20 minutes.
Click here to download a PDF of this week's recipes!