2) Place the slices of squash evenly onto the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and honey. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
3) Bake for 12-15 minutes, flip the squash over, then bake for another 12-15 minutes. Remove, let it cool for a few minutes, then serve.
4) Optional: Find this recipe online for details on how to make a sweet and sour sauce to drizzle on top.
Jeweled Carrot Salad with Apple and Pomegranate
2 cups grated carrots
1 large apple, chopped
½ cup pomegranate seeds
2 Tbl. mayonnaise
1 Tbl. lime juice
2 tsp honey
¼ cup raisins
¼ cup craisins
1) Place the grated carrots and chopped apples in a large bowl. Sprinkle with lime juice and toss to coat.
2) Stir in the honey, mayonnaise, raisins and craisins. Then the pomegranate seeds. Add more lime juice, mayonnaise or honey to taste. Serve immediately.
Click here to download a PDF of this week's recipes!