Time: 30 minutes
¾ lb. Brussels sprouts, cut in half (about 2 cups)
1 pear, cored and cut into bite sized pieces
¼ cup finely chopped yellow onion
1 Tbl. olive oil
¼ lemon or lime
½ Tbl. honey
2 Tbl. dried cranberries
Salt and pepper
1) Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Line a rimmed baking
sheet with foil and set aside.
2) Combine the brussels sprouts, pears and onions in
a large bowl. Add the olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss
to combine. Transfer to the baking sheet and bake for
25 minutes, or until the pears have caramelized.
Toss half way through.
3) Remove pan from oven and squeeze lemon juice
over the top. Drizzle honey over the top and top
with cranberries. Stir. Serve while hot.
Chunky Venezuelan Guasacaca
1 large onion
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
½ cup chopped tomato
Dash Tabasco sauce, or any hot sauce
3-4 cloves garlic
⅓ cup olive oil
¼ cup vinegar
¼ cup chopped parsley
Dash of salt
Dash of pepper
2) Finely chop the red and green peppers, tomato, and the onion and add to the avocado. Mince the garlic and add to the mixture.
3) Season with salt, pepper, and Tabasco sauce to taste.
Click here to download a PDF of this week's recipes!