Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
3 medium purple sweet potatoes
1 medium yellow onion
3 tablespoons oil (more for cooking egg and roasting potatoes)
Spinach from your Share
3 large eggs
Salt & pepper
Red pepper flakes
Cilantro & green onions to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Scrub potatoes & cut into 1 inch chunks with the skin on (lots of nutrients are packed in the skin!). Toss potatoes in oil to coat, place in oven and roast for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Place 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet and heat over low and add onion, cooking until soft.
- Add potatoes to skillet with additional oil and increase temp to medium-high. Cook potatoes for 5-6 minutes, until brown and flip. Repeat for 20 minutes until all sides of potatoes are browned. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Season potatoes and onion with pepper & salt, and red pepper flakes to taste. Cook eggs in separate pan. Place eggs on top of browned potatoes, and garnish with cilantro & green onion.
Comforting Baked Acorn Squash with Butter & Brown Sugar
Prep Time: 5 - 10 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins - 1 hour
1 medium acorn squash, cut in half lengthwise
Melted butter or olive oil
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon brown sugar
- Heat oven to 375 F. Cut squash in half from stem to tip. Hold the squash in both hands and pull the two halves away from each other.
- Scrape out the seeds and strings from inside both halves. Place the halves cut-side up in a roasting pan or baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil or butter and use your hands to evenly distribute it between the two halves. Season with salt, pepper, cinnamon and brown sugar. Place in oven cut-side facing up and roast until caramelized and brown, around 45-60 minutes, or until you can pierce easily with a fork.
- Make a great side for any meal. Serve hot, and have fun scooping out the sweet, buttery, tender squash from the skin!