2) Melt the butter in a pot on low heat. Add the flour, and mix well.
3) Add chicken stock, leeks, onion, potatoes and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer on low for about 20-25 minutes, until the potatoes are soft.
4) Blend the soup with a hand blender, or pour the mixture into a blender in batches and pour back into the pot. Blend until smooth, adding the milk and salt and pepper to taste.
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Carrots
1 lb. carrots, washed and cut in half
2 Tbl. olive oil
½ Tbl. minced garlic
2 Tbl. grated parmesan cheese
1 Tbl. bread crumbs
Salt and pepper, to taste
Optional: Fresh chopped parsley
1) Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease or spray a baking sheet with cooking oil spray.
2) Place carrots on the baking sheet. Add all the ingredients, except for the parsley. Toss together to completely coat the carrots. Spread them out and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until tender. Toss with a spatula half way through. Remove from the oven and add fresh parsley if you wish.