Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
1 large bunch cilantro (stems trimmed)
¼ cup pinon nuts
1 clove garlic
2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup oil
Pinch of salt
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts pounded to ¼ in.
1 tablespoon olive oil
2-4 handfuls mixes greens (kale, spinach, etc.)
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- For pesto: Place cilantro leaves, pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice, parmesan in the base of a food processor or blender. Pulse until ingredients are roughly incorporated. With the food processor on, slowly add grapeseed oil until smooth. Season with salt and adjust if necessary.
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Season with salt & pepper. When pan is hot, place chicken in pan and cook chicken about 4-5 minutes per side. Turn heat down if necessary.
- When chicken is cooked, remove from pan and allow to cool a bit. Place the greens in a large bowl and toss with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Divide the greens between two plates and place a chicken breast on top of each plate of greens. Spread 2-3 (or desired amount) of cilantro pesto on each chicken breast.
Hearty Sweet Potato and Kale Tacos
Cook time: 20 minutes
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 small sweet potato, peeled, grated
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
4 cups lacinato kale ribs & stems removed, torn into bite-size pieces
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Salt & pepper
4 corn tortillas, warmed
1 avocado sliced thinly
¼ cup crema mexicana
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook sweet potato and garlic, stirring often, until potato is tender and just beginning to brown, 8-10 minutes. Add kale and cooked, tossing often, until it is wilted and tender, 8-10 minutes. Add lime juice and season with salt & pepper.
- Serve sweet potato and kale mixture on tortillas, top with avocado, crema, and other toppings that you like! Try cilantro, green onion, jalapeno, hot sauce, or cabbage slaw. Also try adding other veggies like sauteed yellow squash, onions, mushrooms, etc.