Cook time: 15-25 minutes
½ pound patty pan summer squash (cut into 1-inch chunks)
1 shallot (sliced thin)
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1 tablespoon olive oil
Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
- Spread mixture onto a sheet pan and bake in oven for 15-25 minutes until the squash is tender
- Serve on the side of any of your favorite entrees!
This recipe can also be cooked in a large pan on the stove top at medium heat until the squash is tender.
Kale Salad with Apples and Walnuts
Cook time: None!
1/2 lb chopped kale (about one bunch)
1 medium apple sliced
1/4 cup raisins or cranberries
1/2 cup walnut halves or pecans
Shaved parmesan (optional) to garnish
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 clove garlic finely chopped
1 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp salt
freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients in right column in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Combine chopped kale, apple, raisins, and nuts. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to combine. Sprinkle with shaved parmesan (optional) and serve.