Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
2 large eggs
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 medium bananas mashed
6 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup white or whole wheat flour
1 cup blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and lightly grease a 9X5 bread/loaf pan
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs until the yolks break apart. Whisk in the yogurt, bananas, sugar, vanilla, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, until smooth. Spoon in the flour and gently fold it in until just combined. Gently fold blueberries into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, spreading it out evenly. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before transferring it to a cooling rack to cool completely. Keeps for up to 5 days.
Red Potato and Radish Salad with Green Onion
Cook: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
4 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
1/2 pound purple daikon radishes, thinly sliced
1 bunch green onions, green parts only, thinly sliced
1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice or white vinegar
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot of well-salted water over high heat. When it boils, add the quartered red potatoes and cook until very tender, around 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are boiling, slice purple daikon radish (from your Weekly Share), and 1 bunch of green onion and set aside.
- Check potatoes, if you can pierce them with a fork they are done. Drain the water and return to the pot.
- Stir in the radishes, green onions, olive oil, lemon juice or vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.