Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup butter (softened) or coconut/canola oil
⅔ cup sugar
1 cup peeled & mashed kiwi
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In large bowl cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time to creamed mixture beating well after each one. Stir in kiwis. Fold in dry ingredients gently, stirring only until batter is completely moistened. Spoon batter into pan, place sliced kiwi (optional) along top, and bake for 55-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes on wire rack. Remove from pan and continue cooling on rack.
Roasted Zucchini & Mushrooms with Feta and Thyme
Prep Time: 10 minutes (or 1 hour if you let it marinate)
Cook Time: 40 minutes
½ lb white button mushrooms (all of your share)
1 lb. zucchini (all of your Share)
1 oz. crumbled feta cheese
3 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
⅛ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
½ tsp dried thyme
Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Wash the mushrooms with cold water and let drain. While mushrooms are draining, cut zucchini lengthwise and take a spoon to scrape out the seeds (it’s also okay to leave them in if you prefer), dice into bite-sized pieces.
- Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried thyme, and black pepper to make the marinade and place zucchini and mushrooms in bowl and cover with the marinade. If you’re preparing ahead you can let the zucchini and mushrooms marinate for 1-2 hours for extra flavor. If you don’t have time, they’re still delicious cooked right away!
- When you’re ready to cook, spread veggies on baking sheet - try to keep in one layer. You can use two baking sheets if one is too crowded. Place in the oven and turn after 15 minutes. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes more or until the the zucchini and mushrooms are tender and slightly brown. Place in serving dish, sprinkle crumbled feta and chopped parsley on top. Sere hot!
Click here to download a PDF of this week's recipes!