Cook Time: 25 minutes
½ cup whole blanched almonds
2 ½ tablespoons peanut oil
1 lb Asian greens (from Weekly Share)
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 yellow onion, halved, cut into wedges
1 garlic clove, crushed
3 chicken breast fillets, trimmed thinly, sliced against the grain
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
Cooked long grain rice, to serve
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add almonds and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add 2 teaspoons of oil in the pan over medium heat. Add greens and stir-fry for a 2-3 minutes, or until just wilted. Add the soy sauce. Transfer to a bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan over high heat. Add the onion and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until softened slightly. Add the garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute or until aromatic. Transfer to a bowl. Add 2 teaspoons of remaining oil to the pan and swirl to coat the surface. Add half the chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until browned and just cooked through. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken. Return all chicken and onion to the wok. Add the hoisin sauce and stir-fry over high heat for 1 minute or until combined and heated through.
- Place the Asian greens on serving plates and top with the hoisin chicken. Sprinkle with almonds and serve immediately with steamed rice.
Pear Salad with Walnuts, Avocado, and Grilled Chicken
Prep Time: 20 minutes
6 cups mixed greens, or salad mix of your choosing
2 pears, sliced or chopped
6 oz grilled chicken breast (optional)
2 slices of cooked turkey bacon (optional)
¼ cup of feta cheese, crumbled
2 tablespoons dried cranberries
2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
½ avocado, sliced into chunks
½ cup balsamic vinegar
¼ cup olive oil
1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon minced garlic
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Cook turkey bacon and grill chicken if you haven’t already.
- Prepare dressing by whisking together all ingredients in a small bowl or jar. I like using a jar with a lid for this so you can easily store any leftover dressing in the fridge in that same jar.
- To prep salad, grab two bowls and add a base of spring mix, pear slices, grilled chicken breast, bacon, goat cheese, dried cranberries, walnuts and avocado. Drizzle salad with desired amount of balsamic dressing and enjoy!