Cook time: 20-30 minutes
6 tablespoons olive oil, divided. More for drizzling.
1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
4 sprigs thyme
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
8 small skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs ( ~ 2 ½ lbs)
Salt & pepper
3 cups arugula
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat; cook chickpeas, thyme, and red pepper flakes. Stir occasionally, until warmed through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl.
- Prepare grill for medium heat (or oven at 375 F). Brush chicken with 4 tablespoons oil, season with salt & pepper. Grill chicken, skin side down, until golden brown and lightly charred, about 10 minutes. Turn and grill until cooked through, about 4 additional minutes.
- Toss arugula, lemon zest and olive oil. Serve chicken on top of arugula, sprinkle herbed chickpeas on top.
Butter Leaf Lettuce Salad with Apple and Balsamic Vinaigrette
1 head of butter leaf lettuce
1 medium gala apple
¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
¾ cup walnuts, pecans, or almonds, toasted
⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
⅓ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon mustard
2 tablespoons honey
Salt & pepper
- Combine chopped lettuce, apples, red onion, and nuts. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to combine. Sprinkle with feta and serve.
- Vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
Click here to download a PDF of this week's recipes!