Time: 20 Minutes
2 Tbl. olive oil, divided in half 2 carrots
1 lb. green beans 1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup fresh basil 1/2 tsp. pepper
2 garlic cloves
1) Trim the green beans, mince the garlic and chop the fresh basil. Also, peel and thinly slice carrots with a peeler.
2) Heat 1 Tbl. oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until you can smell the garlic starting to cook.
3) Toss in the carrots and green beans, stirring together with the garlic. Let the veggies cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes, until the carrots and green beans are becoming tender.
4) Once the veggies are as soft as you want, remove the pan from heat. Stir in the basil, salt, pepper, and another tablespoon of olive oil.
Kale and Balsamic Plum Salad
Time: 10 Minutes
3 Tbl. olive oil
3 Tbl. balsamic vinegar
2 medium plums, pitted and thinly sliced
8-12 large kale leaves
½ cup ricotta cheese
1 tsp. honey
Salt and pepper
2) Add plums, and toss to coat them. Move the plums to a plate, leaving the vinaigrette in the small bowl.
3) Divide ricotta between two serving plates. Add salt and pepper.
4) Tear kale leaves into small pieces and toss with the vinaigrette. Place the soaked leaves on top of the ricotta. Then top with plums, and drizzle the remaining vinaigrette over the top. Serve right away.
Click here to download a PDF of this week's recipes!