Time: 10 Minutes
1 lb. shredded chicken
1 large English cucumber
2 Tbl. lemon juice
½ cup cilantro. Or, fresh parsley, or basil
¼ red onion
3 Tbl. olive oil
Salt and pepper
1) Cut the cucumber in half, lengthways, and slice into ¼-inch slices. Slice or chop the tomatoes. Peel and dice the avocado. Chop the cilantro. Slice the red onion thin.
2) Mix together the chicken, cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, avocados and cilantro in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to mix everything well.
How to Cook Shishito Peppers
Time: 10-15 Minutes
1) Heat a little olive oil in a pan or skillet until it’s good and hot, but not smoking.
2) Add the peppers, complete with stems, and cook them over medium heat. Toss and turn them often until they blister. They should only char in a few places.
3) When the peppers are blistered, toss them with salt and lemon juice. Serve hot.
Click here to download a PDF of this week's recipes!