Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1/4 pound fresh cayenne peppers, stems removed
2-3 jalapenos, stems removed
2-3 whole medium-sized tomatoes
3 large cloves garlic, peeled and hard tips cut off
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups white vinegar (or just enough to cover the peppers)
- Place the peppers, tomatoes, garlic, and salt in a medium pot with a lid. Add the vinegar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Carefully pour the contents into a blender, place the pot on the side, and puree until smooth (about 2 minutes). Strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove the seeds. Pour back into the pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, turn the heat off and allow to cool before pouring into containers to refrigerate.
Easy Minestrone Soup with Romano Beans
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 25-30
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 carrot, peeled, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
¼ tsp chile flakes, or diced fresh cayenne
1 can diced tomatoes
1 cup diced romano beans 2 cups vegetable broth
¾ cup tubetti pasta
2 cups packed spinach
2 tablespoons grated parmesan
¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- Heat a large saucepan over medium. Add oil, then onion, carrot, celery, garlic, romano beans, and chile flakes. Cook until veggies are slightly tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, beans, broth, pasta, and ¾ cup of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until pasta is tender, 10 to 11 min.
- Stir in spinach. Garnish with grated parm and basil.