Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
3 tbsp olive oil
1 white onion diced
1/4 cup garlic whole or crushed cloves, skin off
1 cabbage (use half if very large cabbage) sliced into thin strips
1 tsp salt
- Heat oil in large pan on medium-high heat. Add diced onions to pan, cook until soft and transparent, about 4 minutes. Stir to prevent sticking or burning. Add garlic to pan, cook until fragrant and soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add cabbage to pan and toss well to coat in oil. Season with salt.
- Let cabbage reduce by half, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally as it cooks down to prevent burning and allow it to cook evenly.
- When cabbage has lost much of its volume and started to turn shiny, slightly translucent, and has browned bits, it is ready to serve.
- Remove from heat and plate with your favorite meat, casserole, fish, or other main dish!
Mixed Green Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
Assembly Time: 1-3 minutes
½ pound mixed greens
Grated cheese to finish
½ teaspoons yellow or Dijon mustard
2 tbsp lemon juice
4 tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
- Whisk together mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, salt & pepper to make a vinaigrette.
- Pour about 3/4 of vinaigrette into large bowl. Add baby greens mix and toss to combine. If serving family-style, add avocados and lightly toss to coat avocados. For individual servings, place dressed greens onto plate, place 4-6 avocado wedges on greens. Sprinkle with ground black pepper & parmesan shavings, if desired. Serve extra dressing on the side for those wanting more.