Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
1 pound of baby bok choy
4 teaspoons vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 teaspoon minced ginger
5 ounces of small fresh mushrooms, chopped into ¼ in pieces
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
⅛ teaspoon kosher salt & pepper
Watermelon Radish & Orange Salad with Feta Cheese
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1 shallot or half od a small red onion
2 to 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
2 - 3 small watermelon radishes
2 to 3 oranges
Handful of walnuts or pecans
- Mince shallot. Place in small bowl and cover with 2-3 tablespoons of vinegar. Add pinch of salt, set aside.
- Cut off one end of the radish. Peel radishes if you would like, but it’s not necessary. Slice paper thin with vegetable peeler, mandoline, or knife.
- Arrange radish slices on platter. Season all over with salt. Cut off each end of all oranges. Squeeze each enc over the radish, then discard. Use a sharp knife to remove the skin from the orange. Cut in between membranes to remove each slice. Squeeze remaining membrane all over the radishes to extract any juice. Scatter oranges over the radishes.
- Scatter walnuts and goat cheese to taste over the radishes and oranges. Pour shallots and vinegar over top. Drizzle olive oil to taste. Scatter chives over top if using.
- Let sit a few minutes (or longer — it benefits from a brief rest) before serving.