Cook Time: 5 minutes
2 tablespoons high-heat cooking oil (safflower, canola, avocado)
4 baby bok choy, sliced in half lengthwise
1 teaspoon minced ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons water
Salt & pepper
- Heat oil in a pan on medium.
- Add minced ginger & garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the bok choy and use tongs to turn and stir fry the bok choy in the garlic and ginger for 2 minutes.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of water into the ay, cover and let cook for 2 minutes more.
- Turn off heat, add salt and pepper and serve.
Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken with Green Beans
Cook Time: 20 minutes
3-6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
1 pound green beans, trimmed
2 tablespoons butter or ghee divided
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp onion powder
Salt & pepper
Juice of ½ lemon
½ cup chicken stock
1 tbsp hot sauce
½ cup chopped parsley
- In a small bowl combine onion powder, paprika, salt & pepper. Season chicken thighs with spice mixture. Set aside.
- Arrange beans in a microwave-safe dish with ½ cup water. Cook for 8-10 mins until tender-crisp.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Lay the seasoned chicken thighs in one layer on the skillet. Cook for 5-6 minutes, until cooked through. If chicken browns too quickly, lower the heat. Adjust timing depending on thickness. Transfer to plate, set aside.
- In the same skillet, lower heat and melt the remaining tablespoon butter. Add chopped parsley, garlic, and green beans. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring regularly.. Add lemon juice and chicken stock and reduce the sauce for a couple of minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Add cooked chicken thighs back to the pan and reheat quickly. Adjust seasoning with pepper and serve the lemon garlic butter chicken thighs immediately, garnished with more crushed chili pepper & fresh parsley.