Prep Time: 5 minutes
⅓ cup rolled oats
⅓ cup plain yogurt
½ cup plain, vanilla or other flavored yogurt
⅛ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp honey or maple syrup (if desired)
½ cup mango, diced
½ cup blueberries
Slice mango and place in a container with blueberries, put in fridge.
- Mix all ingredients (except fruit) together in a container with a lid. Place lid on container and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Layer yogurt & sliced fruit in a bowl and enjoy.
- You can prep the fruit the night before, place in a separate container, and just dump it on top of the oats when you’re ready to eat them at work, school, on the go, etc.!
Roasted Cherry Tomato & Green Bean Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Assembly Time: 5 minutes
2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes, halved
1 pound green beans
1 red onion, cut in half circles
1 handful chopped parsley
3 ½ - 4 oz. feta, cubed
1 ½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 ½ tablespoons honey
1 pinch of salt
Nut topping (optional):
15-20 pecan halves
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1 teaspoon olive oil
⅛-¼ teaspoon hot sauce
- Fill medium-sized pot with ¼ water, add rinsed and trimmed string beans, bring to a boil and let steam for 5 minutes, or until bright green. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking process.
- Preheat oven to grill setting and arrange cherry tomato halves, cut-side down, on a pan lined with parchment paper or tin foil. Grill for 10-15 minutes, or until tomatoes start to brown & soften.
- Place dressing ingredients in a small bottle or container and shake until combined
- In a dry frying pan over medium-high heat, lightly toast pecan halves for 3 minutes. Lower heat and add sugar, olive oil, and hot sauce. COntinue toasting for 2 minutes, or until coated. Stir frequently, cool and chop finely.
- Place drained beans and roasted tomatoes in a large bowl. Add onion & chopped parsley. Mix well. Add dressing before serving and toss until evenly coated. Top with feta & toasted pecans.