Cook Time: 50 minutes
2 medium eggplants, sliced
¼ cup olive oil
2 medium green peppers, sliced
1 small onion, finely chopped
3 tomatoes, peeled & sliced
1 cup parsley, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
¾ cup tomato sauce
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Saute eggplant rounds in olive oil until tender, set aside.
- Saute peppers and onion until aromatic and slightly translucent.
- In an 8-inch square casserole dish, arrange in lagers: eggplant, peppers, onions, tomatoes, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Repeat layers.
- Pour tomato sauce over the top of the layered vegetables.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, uncovered.
Chicken Orzo Kale Soup
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large yellow onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 medium carrots, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 lb. boneless & skinless chicken breasts, cubed
5 cups chicken stock
3-4 handfuls fresh kale, ribs removed and roughly chopped
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, more to taste
½ teaspoon salt, more to taste
½ teaspoon black pepper, more to taste
Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, heat oil.Add in onion and garlic and sautè for one minute.Add in carrots and celery. Sautè for five minutes, until onion is translucent.
- Pat chicken dry and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Once onion is translucent, add in chicken and sautè until chicken is fully cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Pour in chicken stock and season with salt, pepper, ginger and lemon juice if using. Add in kale.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Turn heat down to low and let simmer for 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.