Prep Time: 15 minutes
2 medium avocados, peeled & sliced
2 grapefruits, peeled,
segments and seeds removed
Lettuce or greens of your choice
½ shallot minced (or 1 clove of garlic and ¼ onion chopped very fine)
½ teaspoon oregano
1 ½ teaspoons lime zest
3 tablespoons lime juice
½ cup oil
1 teaspoon sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, mix the vinaigrette ingredients.
- Cut away the peel from the grapefruit following the contours of the fruit.
- Peel & slice the avocados.
- Arrange slices of avocados and grapefruit segments on a plate on a bed of lettuce leaves.
- Spoon dressing over salad.
Roasted Carrots with Chimichurri
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
¼ cup minced chives
1 minced garlic clove
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Rinse carrots, place on rimmed baking sheet with oil, salt & pepper. Roast for 30 minutes or until tender and wrinkly.
- While carrots are cooking prepare chimichurri. Chop herbs and combine in a bowl with chives, garlic, oil and vinegar. Let sit for 20-30 minutes to allow flavors to combine. Remove carrots from oven, to with chimichurri and serve.