Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 pound chicken breast
2 tbsp oil
2 tablespoons minced onion
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp oregano
Salt & Pepper
8 corn tortillas
Crumbled cotija cheese to finish
1 cup chopped cantaloupe
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
1/4 red onion, diced 1/4 cup freshly torn cilantro 1 lime, juiced 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in skillet on medium-high. Add onion & garlic and saute until fragrant and translucent. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes. Add cumin, oregano, salt, pepper and lime juice. Cook until juices in chicken run clear. Turn off heat and set aside.
- While chicken is cooking, chop cantaloupe, pepper, onion, cilantro. Combine in a bowl and finish with lime and cilantro.
- Warm corn tortillas in oven or on greased skillet. Lay out 8 corn tortillas, place chicken mixture on warm tortilla, top with cantaloupe salsa, sprinkle with cotija (or feta) and chopped cilantro. Squeeze lime juice over top. Serve & enjoy!
Kohlrabi Slaw with Cilantro, Lime, and Jalapeno
- Trim leaves and peel kohlrabi. Cut off two ends. Cut in half from top to bottom. Thinly slice, rotate and slice again, making 1/4 inch matchsticks.
- Place in large bowl with chopped cilantro, scallions, jalapeño. If you’d like, you can add chopped cucumber, jicama, and carrot to add even more flavor!
- Whisk together oil, orange juice, honey/agave, salt & vinegar in a small bowl. Toss with salad. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with zest and cilantro.