2) Uncover the pot and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook the potatoes until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Drain, and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
3) In a large bowl use a fork to whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, dijon mustard, oil and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Add the potatoes, celery, green onions apples. Stir and serve.
Chicken Sauteed with Apples
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 apple - Cut in half, then ½ inch slices
1 tsp fresh thyme, or ½ tsp. dried leaves
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 Tbl. olive oil
1 cup apple juice
1 garlic clove, minced
½ tsp. salt
2 Tbl. dijon mustard
1) Pound chicken breasts to ¾ inch thickness. For ideas on how to do this, check out thekitchn.com article on How (and When) To Pound Chicken Breast: The Easiest, Smartest Method.
2) Heat oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and saute the chicken until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Add apple slices, apple juice, onion, garlic, thyme, and salt. Cover and simmer 6-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Remove the chicken, apple slices, and onion.
3) Bring the sauce to a boil for about 5 minutes or until slightly reduced. Whisk in the mustard. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.
Click here to download a PDF of this week's recipes!