2) Add onion to the bacon drippings in the pan and sauté over medium heat for 3 minutes. Then add the carrots, cider, brown sugar and pepper, and bring to a boil for about 10 minutes, or until the carrots are tender. Do not drain the liquid.
3) Place the carrot mixture in a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with bacon and chives.
Sweet Potato Enchiladas
10 corn tortillas
3 medium sweet potatoes
28 oz. can - Enchilada sauce
1 pack of mushrooms
4 oz. can diced green chiles
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. paprika
2) In another pan, chop and heat the mushrooms at medium heat, until they release their liquids and most of it has evaporated. Then add the green chile and cook for another 2 minutes.
3) Heat the tortillas so they are flexible enough to roll. Spread some sweet potatoes and mushrooms/green chile in each tortilla and roll.
4) Place the rolled tortillas in a baking dish. Pour the sauce on top and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Remove, and serve.
Click here to download a PDF of this week's recipes!